Monday, March 24, 2008

There is a light at the end of the tunnel

And perhaps it is not a train. I feel some improvement today. (I was informed I am slightly less pathetic today than previously as well.) I promise to continue to take it easy. My plan is to watch Ellen DeGeneres (another secret addiction - all my secrets are coming out here) as she is going shopping at Trader Joe's and I need to find out what she thinks. Then I will go to work. If I still feel like a human being after work, I will go for a walk to get some fresh air. I considered going for a walk this morning but as it is a tropical 20 degrees, I opted to wait until later.

So the question of the week is when is it too late? Last April, I had my annual physical that sent me down this long and convoluted road. After my appointment, my PCP sent me the results of my blood test that said my cholesterol was slightly on the high side, nothing to be concerned about, but does bear watching. My goal, until all my other fun medical adventures started, was to remedy the situation through better diet. Now after eating ice cream and bacon to alleviate all the side effects of treatment, ease post operative pain, and prevent any further complications, is it too late in the last three weeks before my next annual physical to do anything about my cholesterol? But, is this too late to make a difference? I mean should I try to be healthy for three weeks or should I just continue my bacon/ice cream eating ways at this point?

Coincidentally, Walter has an Army weigh in the same weekend so we are both on a healthy diet for three weeks. I think he can meet the weigh in requirements through our efforts but what about me? (Of course, its all about me.) The cat is not on a healthy diet but probably should be.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...