Friday, August 8, 2008

Caught up on my magazine reading

At the dentist office the other day, they were running a few minutes behind. I seized the opportunity to read the latest issue of People magazine - always full of intellectual discourse. I did learn that Lindsay Lohan has a girl friend. Do we care? Not really, but apparently her girlfriend is helping her clean up her life finally. What is she 22 and already done a few stints in rehab? (I think I have that right but maybe not.)

Yesterday I got to read another issue of People magazine from last fall - the one where Britney lost custody of her children - while waiting for the doctor. I don't think she has custody back. (Another 20-something who has already been through rehab. Grow up why don't you?)

Then due to the rain, I went to the gym instead of walking outside, and read my latest Newsweek and Business Week while on the treadmill. I also read Cosmopolitan Jan 2008 issue. It contained their annual astrology predictions for the year. Apparently 2008 is supposed to be a good year for me - well, I'm still waiting for the good part.

My new doctor was actually very nice and very thorough. She sent me for another MRI of the hemangioma on my liver in early September. It should be nice and stable and then I don't have to worry about it. On the good news, I don't have hemorrhoids. No, I have an anal fissure. What is that? Exactly what you think. And its a royal pain in the butt. I get lovely goo to put on it for a few weeks and if it doesn't suddenly decide to heal in the next few weeks, I get to go see a surgeon for more tests. (Gee, I can't wait.)

On the other hand, I can try stop taking prilosec for heartburn from my hiatal hernia. I would prefer not to take medication daily if I can get away with it. So we shall see what happens. Also, she thought the weird achy spots in my abdomen are not related to my digestive tract and probably muscular/skeletal. I will keep track of them and see what happens after surgery. They could just be related to my friendly little gall stone. (Perhaps I should name it - hmmm... I will think about it.)

Otherwise, today is just another boring day in my life. Walter's car is in the shop so he is taking my car. I am trapped at home with the cat and my computer so I will have to work all day and provide kitty treats at frequent intervals so I won't be pestered. Then I am meeting a friend for a walk - if it ever stops raining. Its another tropical summer in Boston. High's in the 60's and rain. We do get hot weather but not this week. (Wednesday's high I think was officially 69...) I've been wearing sweaters.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...