Saturday, August 30, 2008

Our new baby

No, its not a real baby. Its a car. (In case you had problems telling the two apart.) We are all excited. It was a stressful week between selling the old car and buying the new one. And trying to fit work in around this. We brought it home Thursday night and didn't drive it all day yesterday. Today we will drive it. We will go play mini golf.

Yesterday I worked hard but not as hard as Walter. He went for a bike ride, took down the old fence, sanded the metal fence posts and painted some, sprayed for ants, and then he had to recover. Me, I only worked at home for a while, got my hair cut (curly poodle look is ALMOST gone but unfortunately the gray highlights seems to be permanent), then I met a friend for a walk, and made us another healthy, yummy dinner. Then we played scrabble where I only lost by about 50 points. (What was I supposed to do with I, I, I, I, M, N, Q?)

Yesterday I also noticed my basil plants. Earlier this summer I bought a basil plant and put it in the window where it promptly died. Probably from lack of water but I am not sure. Then I bought four little basil plants and planted two in a pot together for inside and two separately in pots outside. The one in the front of the house is doing okay. The one in the back of the house is doing awesome. But the ones inside weren't doing too well so I brought them outside and put them near the one doing really well - based on the premise that if one was happy there, then the others should be. But then one of the two I brought out, immediately died. Then yesterday, look what I found??? Some furry woodland creature dug up my basil plant and KILLED IT!!! Grr! Maybe we need a outdoor cat to patrol the back yard 24/7.

Last night I was really trying for a good night's sleep. I can only really sleep on my back these days (because of my stupid gall bladder and bursitis) and was doing just fine until FIVE AM when a small furry resident decided to join us and knead his claws into my scalp (he was probably admiring my new hair cut but he could have waited a bit longer.)

Then he was a royal PITA and purred really loudly while we were trying to get back to sleep. Then he knocked over all my pill bottles (we think he thinks they are kitty treats). Then he sharpened his claws on the bedroom carpet. Then he threw up on the carpet. Then we threw him out of the bedroom. But by that point it was useless to try to get back to sleep.

Now also my back is achy because I slept in the same position for so long. Walter brought me coffee in the 'No Whining' mug and said it was a hint.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...