Friday, April 30, 2010
Adventures in travel
We went up to Montreal for a few days. We stayed in a great hotel and had a good time - except the day it snowed and we opted to explore underground Montreal instead which is like a giant shopping mall. We did have a few adventures:
- the botanical gardens are not very good the day after a snow storm.
- it is impossible to avoid hordes of students on field trips at museums if you go on a weekday.
- if you want to eat dinner outside under a tent, it is wise to do it before the snow storm.
- we managed to sit and admire the Notre Dame cathedral for an hour - and listen to some great music - by attending the Sunday mass which had a choir and organ.
- if one wants to be able to use one's bathrobe, it is important to bring your bathrobe belt.
- just because you are in a foreign country, it doesn't mean your back won't hurt.
- it is important to remember to bring everything home that you left with - we are searching for some things.
- it is difficult to con your spouse into eating weird food if he is paying attention.
- cell phones work on the highway for a nanosecond and then you have no bars and your calls get cut off so people may think you are being rude.
- it is possible to get great deals on somethings even when the exchange rate isn't very good.
Otherwise it was a great time. We shall go back.
I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...
So after you get diagnosed with cancer, it seems like everyone you know has cancer because: You have met a lot of other people going throu...
Often when I am extremely stressed, I find I need to hibernate a bit, and 'lick my wounds' as they say. For the past month, since my...
I haven't been blogging recently because I have been emotionally stressed. It may take me a while longer to get back to it. My father , ...