Friday, May 7, 2010

Stress? What is that?

Today I have
- 1030am mammogram
- 1130am bone density scan
- 1200pm oncologist appointment
- 100pm surgeon appointment

So how am I this morning? Stressed? Just a tiny bit. I have to pack my bag of crap to take with me including a book (which I think I'll have plenty of time to read because a day like this always involves LOTS of waiting), two lists of doctor questions, my list of medications and allergies, and a half an ativan to take when I get to the hospital so I don't stress all day. If there is one thing I have learned is that sometimes it pays to be proactive. My only question is when do I get lunch because I am sure that I will be running late after my first appointment which means I won't have time to eat until after my last appointment and I might get crabby if I am hungry.

My goals for the day are:

- a clean mammogram because we don't want to go through all of THAT again
- a good bone density test that shows my osteopenia did reverse itself or stabilize in the two years since my last one when I upped my doses of calcium and vitamin D
- a clean bill of health from both my surgeon and oncologist
- a prescription for more lymphedema sleeves from my surgeon
- a prescription for an aromatase inhibitor instead of Tamoxifen
- all my silly little questions answered
- no cancer cooties, suspicious findings, or anything abnormal found which requires any further testing
- lunch

Then once I get through all that I have to go to work for a meeting. Would anyone like to make a wager as to what time I will actually get done with all my appointments? My meeting is at anytime after 2 and preferably start before 3 due to traffic avoidance desires. I am not sure I will make it by 3...

Yesterday I survived my busy day and lost my sun glasses - but found them when I realized I never took them with me and they were at home on the end table all the time I was looking for them and looking stupid wearing my husband's sun glasses that he left in the car. Then I got my nails done and my hair cut (and as predicted, when I came home my husband said my hair looked the same as in the morning).

Now I am going to take my stress level out for a walk to enjoy the nice morning. But I just realized its 47 degrees so I guess I won't be wearing shorts.

1 comment:

IVF Breast Cancer Blog said...

Hello.

Please read how IVF medications led to my breast cancer and how a breast cancer study using genetic testing to check estrogen metabolism is saving my life. Please share my story with all women who have used or are considering IVF, HRT and anyone with estrogen positive breast cancer.



Thanks
Babs Riley
http://ivfbreastcancer.com/
http://ivfbreastcancerblog.com/