After a bad week, I need to focus on looking forward. Why was this a bad week? I was taken off two pain meds and replaced with a new one - my body didn't adapt quite quickly enough. I spent too much time last weekend on my feet and my back hurt. I joined a new gym and they made me EXERCISE! I attempted to be a normal human being. Yet another online cancer person I know died.
Now it is time to put all that behind me. Today I will start looking forward:
- We are going to the travel show tomorrow so we can plan a trip to Iceland - why Iceland? Because its there and we haven't been. Maybe we can win a trip to some place warm between now and then a well.
- I will figure out the giant diagram of the new bathroom vanity as part of our upcoming bathroom & kitchen which will start in about six weeks. I will also attempt to convince my husband I can make mosaic tiles for highlights in the kitchen.
- We will start looking at our taxes - which means take the piles of paper and sort them out so we can give them to our accountant.
- We will go walk in the outdoors and get some fresh air - this hasn't happened recently because of snow drifts and the return of the ice age.
- My husband has promised me a Valentine dinner - that he is making from scratch. Its a secret so he won't tell me about it.
- I will ignore all aches, pains, hot flashes, leg and foot cramps and enjoy myself. I will also ignore all upcoming doctor appointments for either of us. My husband's annual colonoscopy is Friday. He is a little stressed. I am more stressed. He is just happy I can't make him eat whole grain everything for a week and he gets white bread, etc.
Optimism is good for the soul. So is feeling good, a cup of hot tea on a cold day day, a new book from the library, hopes and dreams.
This is the misunderstood side of my life - how I live with limitations. The other day, I visited my mother who also has RA. We went for a w...
As part of the universal pinkification of October, Good Housekeeping magazine has a section on breast cancer (who knew?). But one thing they...
I haven't been blogging recently because I have been emotionally stressed. It may take me a while longer to get back to it. My father , ...
Often when I am extremely stressed, I find I need to hibernate a bit, and 'lick my wounds' as they say. For the past month, since my...