Sunday, September 13, 2015

Mutation Tracking

(I forgot to blog yesterday. Feel free to blame chemo brain, fibro fog or whatever.)

I just learned about some new research which has lead to the use of mutation tracking in the blood of patients previously treated for breast cancer. They look for DNA mutations to detection recurrence months before anything would be detectable through scans.


This makes a lot of sense to me. Why can't cancer be detected in DNA or some other way long before it can be found in a scan? Wouldn't it be wonderful to just go for an annual blood test or something that told you if you had cancer developing? Not to get ahead of myself but I am all for this.

I like this kind of progress. It actually seems that doctors are beginning to use it.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...