Friday, September 18, 2015

When all else fails

Go to the beach.

Yes that is my plan for the day, or at least the morning. I could be doing a thousand other things, packing, moving stuff, grocery shopping, cleaning up, and many more. I could even have gone to work. But I am opting to go to the beach.

Why you ask? Because I want to and I can. And there is a limit to what I can do on a given day. And its a birthday present to myself. Yes today is my birthday (and I am 37 again if you must know).

Back in my 20s I worked for a company which gave all full time employees a paid floating holiday to take on the birthday. Since then, I have always avoided working on my birthday. And today's weather forecast is for an upper 80s perfect summer day and going to the beach is recommended. So I am taking their advice.

I will contemplate life as I gaze out at the ocean. That is my prescription for  life at its best.

As my health goes down my appreciation for living longer improves and incentivizes me to stop and 'smell the roses' so to speak.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...