Friday, March 25, 2016

I Am Too Tired

You know you are tired when people you don't really know tell you that you look tired. At the end of my knitting group yesterday, people told me I looked really tired. I went home and got in bed for a few hours. I did get in bed long enough to cook and eat some dinner before going back to bed.

Yesterday I knew I was going to have a long day. I had a long postponed appointment to return some volunteer materials to an organization for which I am no longer able to volunteer. They were meeting me half way but I still drove over 150 miles round trip. And went to my knitting group. I was gone from 9 am to 430 pm which is a very long day for me now.

Today I am contemplating skipping the gym because I am so damn tired. Yes I am that tired. But I still have other things I need to do today. The most important is getting my nails done - and that doesn't require much effort. Actually more important is I will stop by and see my parents.

I know going to the gym is a good thing but I think it might be better for me to save my energy and continue to rest. If I don't go to the gym, I can stay in bed for most of the morning, which is something I really need.

I have to do something about my life to slow down. In the last few months, we have been busy. Last week we went out to dinner twice. I have taken care of a bunch of loose ends (like driving so far yesterday) and life is calming down. But gardening season is approaching and I still need to finish painting. Maybe its time to hire someone for that.

I want to add I am not a lazy person. I just have a very finite amount of energy each day and I seem to have used up too much energy earlier this week and need to rest to recover. Its sort of like having a really bad cold or flu where you don't have the energy to move from the bed to the couch because its too far and would take too much effort. I wish it would go away but there is not much chance of it.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...