Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Fibromyalgia

How is life with fibromyalgia? Well, not so fun.

Let's see, there is random pain in my body. There is fatigue (and insomnia). There is cognitive impairment. And depression.

Sometimes its hard to decide how I feel from a specific ailment. I mean which pain is bad back, rheumatoid, fibromyalgia or osteoarthritis. I can't always tell. My doctors say it can be very difficult to tell and not to worry about it. But I can tell you when I lie awake at night that I will be exhausted in the morning, like today.

And there is another factor that causes so much fun in my life. Cognitive impairment. Yes, that is like chemo brain that doesn't go away.

Depression? Yes, well lack of sleep, no brain cells and random pain would depress anyone. This is why I keep being asked if I have any suicidal thoughts. I can tell you I do not. Because it would be yucky! I would like to stick around for as long as possible.

I hadn't really contemplated the impact of all the joys which come with a fibromyalgia diagnosis. It came on top of my RA diagnosis, or mixed in with it. But I read this article this morning about a woman's lawsuit against her former employer because she was dropped from their disability plan after she left her job because of health reasons due to fibromyalgia.

I get the same issues she does. But I could never job three miles every day.

1 comment:

raul holder said...

Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...