Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Talcum powder and other safe ingredients

I have seen some crass ads recently about 'if you used talcum powder and got cancer, you need a lawyer'. I had no idea what they were talking about it. Until I saw an article about how Johnson & Johnson has lost yet another lawsuit regarding talcum powder.

Supposedly talc is a carcinogen and if you used J&J baby powder it could have caused your ovarian cancer. J&J of course claims that it is not. But now lawyers are involved and it is in the hands of the courts. Since J&J has now lost two cases, it does not look good for them.

This brings me to the issue of supposedly safe ingredients that turn out to be really bad for you. If you think about it, this has been going on for eons. Think about what used to be in so called 'patent' medicines. Everything thing under the sun. Many of them were found to be harmful or even fatal.

Now in modern times, the lawyers run everything.

But the harm has been done. I used to use J&J baby powder regularly. Is that why I got cancer twice? I give up. I have no idea why I am so 'healthy' but I will assume talcum powder is not what did me in.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...