Thursday, August 11, 2016

Changes

Lots have changed in the last 24 hours. I am in a better place. Physically we returned home this morning. A few days early for the same reasons as last year. I had issues with family members, my sister to be exact. Is it me? I don't know. I will talk to my therapist about this. I don't like it when this happens. I just feel like I'm stuck in 'Ground Hog Day' with my sister. But one thing I do know is that we will not be back next year.

How bad was it? My sister pulled her usual passive-aggressive crap. After yelling at me because my brother and I made a decision to go to the big museum from the house museum we were at so we would actually have some time there because it was getting late. It was my fault because I actually thought to call her and tell her we were leaving. I thought I was being considerate. That was the start

When we came home I was physically exhausted and ended up sleeping for a couple of hours. I woke up just before 7 pm and hoped that someone else had actually started dinner. It was not the case. My brother had gone for a short walk. My sister had organized her nail polish. My husband and brother eventually kicked me out of the kitchen and finished cooking dinner and sent my grumpy-self away.

Finally dinner was ready. My sister showed up at the table late (so we had to wait for her) to eat. Then she insisted that she have a special water glass that she had to get herself and she couldn't use any other one. And it went down hill from there. My sister admitted no guilt. I got mad at my sister. My sister got mad at me. My husband got mad at my sister. My father left because he didn't want to deal with the arguing.

After dinner, my husband and I went to try to find my father and drove around to see if we could find him. We also decided we were leaving in the morning. Finally my father came home. We went to bed. We got up early and were on the road home by 7 am.

I get to sleep in our own bed tonight. I do not have to deal with any family members. I can get the rest I need. We will go back down Saturday morning to make sure they put the house back together (and I can bring back the books I took by mistake).

Mentally I am also in a better place than I was because:
  • We are home away from my family, especially my sister.
  • Our cats seem to appreciate the fact we came back to see them.
  • I got my broken laptop screen fixed already (which must be some kind of record)
All I have to do is find the damn remote control for the bed so I can raise it up so I can get comfy and take a nap.... (one of the cats must have put it on the dining room table).

What is the scientific truism - if you keep doing the same thing, how can you expect a different result?

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...