Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Summer Ran Away

How did it get to be the end of August already? I do not know how that happened. It vanished. I do admit to having a decent suntan (just don't tell my dermatologist). I did spend the better part of two weeks floating in the ocean. My garden did pretty darn well considering the drought.

But how did it get to be the end of August? Kids are going back to school already. I have seen fallen leaves on the lawn. I am not ready for the fall.

Last winter was very mild for us, except one day of extreme cold. The year before was horrible. It was the year of 10' of snow around here that didn't melt for weeks. The long range forecasts are projecting a cold and snowy winter. I really am not ready for that.

I saw Christmas decorations in stores last week. I was appalled.

I am not ready to stop going to the beach. I will even go in the winter. I just wish it was the beginning of summer instead of the end.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...