Friday, August 26, 2016

Exercise for Memory???? Or Cancer Causes Stress.

A new study (because we all new more studies) says that exercise can boost memory for breast cancer patients. What? I exercise and my memory is shot, getting worse every day. I don't believe it.

The theory is that exercise alleviates stress and benefits women psychologically which improves their memory.

"A surprising finding is memory problems appear to be related to the high stress load cancer survivors experience, and may not be specific to chemotherapy or radiation treatments."

That's surprising? To me this is even more important than figuring out that exercise improves memory. Seriously, I could have told you that a cancer diagnosis causes incredible stress. It just amazes me how many people do not get that part. Obviously they haven't been diagnosed with cancer. 

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...