Thursday, September 22, 2016

More Needles????

I hate needles. I really hate needles. If a needle is near me I can't look. If a needle is near anyone else, I leave the room. (Actually sewing needles and knitting needles are fine. Its those icky medical ones that cause me problems.)

Now it looks like more needles are in my future. Ick. Double ick!

Yesterday I went to see neurosurgery because of increasing pain in my neck. Real pain in my neck, not the literal kind. I do have to deal with the literal pains in the neck (like insurance companies, hospital billing departments, and poor bedside manners). Back in 2014, I was having problems with my right arm. I was sent to see a neurologist to see if there was something going on back in my brain to cause this. (A subtle way to see if there was a 'thingy' in my brain.)  There wasn't anything in my brain (except my brain) but there were disc protrusions and bone spurs on my neck.

Jump ahead 2.5 years later and I have increasing pain in my neck, shoulder, and arm. My primary care referred me back to neurosurgery. The neurosurgery physician's assistant said the following:

  • Your body may reabsorb disc tissue but will not reabsorb bone so its not going away anytime soon, probably not ever.
  • Physical therapy may help so we are going to try that.
  • They want a new MRI of my neck (and brain) to get another picture of what's going on and see if there are any changes (read that as growth).
  • The next step is needles in my neck sort of like what I get in my spine.
I am overjoyed. I can't wait. But I guess I have to realize that I can force myself to deal with needles if it means the pain might go away lessen. That is my dream actually for a pain free, healthy body. So I guess I have to stick with needles (that is such a bad pun I have to leave it even though its not what I meant to say. What I meant is I have to cope with needles.).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Husband had the needle in the neck thing and has been pain free for. 3 years!

Anonymous said...

Cured of TNBC!
I want to take this time out as a cancer survivor to encourage women out there still suffering from this with my story on how i got a cure. The sad news about it is that i was diagnosed on my 36th birthday in 2008 and with stage 3 TNBC which after i made research was a very aggressive form of cancer at that point i decided and told myself i was going to die and that the end has finally come. All my life i never thought of having breast cancer because i was very active and i worked out at the gym several times every week and my diet was okay. In my search for a cure after 6 years of diagnosis and even after chemo which i did twice spending thousands of dollars but to no avail, until a church member told me all about Dr Aleta a herbal doctor that specializes in treating TNBC, who could help me with a permanent cure, i doubted this at first but i later gave it a try following her methods and instructions. It took 3 months and after it all i felt normal but still went for diagnosis and i was clean today i am proud to say i am a cancer survivor no nodes and i am totally free the new diagnosis confirmed it. Do not die in silence or ignorance because of breast cancer just simply reach her on aletedwin@gmail.com don't be shy just speak to her today.

Amanda Bella said...

Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line:+2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...