Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Sometimes We Just Don't Care Anymore

Yesterday I ran into a friend and we chatted for a while. I have been dealing with my usual ups and downs health wise and some emotional crap. She has also been through a round of health stuff and emotional stuff. We caught up on the most important things going on in our lives for a few minutes and touched on some of the items we have been coping with. We both said sometimes we just don't care anymore.

Call it being overwhelmed. Call it whatever you want. But we just don't care. As a professional patient, sometimes you get so inundated that you really don't give a s**t about anything. Coping with our lives gets so complicated that we just don't care, unless there was something near term fatal, there is nothing that is that important.

I have my annual physical this week and we will talk about my back pains and maybe I should have more imaging on it. Maybe I should have a lot more imaging and testing but I really don't want it now. Unless my doctor tells me I need immediate treatment for something so I don't die, I'm happy to wait. I have so many ailments that how can I have anything more?

My friend, who also has gone through her own personal roller coaster, agreed with me. Right now, she only wants to take a couple vacations and doesn't want to think about emotional or health issues for a while. After she does some travelling, we are going to get together at the end of October for coffee to catch up. Maybe by then we both will care about things again.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...