Friday, September 19, 2008

No I am not STRESSED!

Of course not. Why should I be stressed? I have 1 hour 10 minutes before we have to leave and I have yet to finish playing on the internet, take a shower (and brush my teeth - they seem to think it is very important to remind people to brush their teeth before surgery - you would think most people would do this automatically), finish my list of questions that I want answered before I leave, and figure out what to wear. Its cold this morning - 40's I believe - and I need to wear clothes that are warm, easy to get in and out of, and able to withstand being squished into a plastic bag for several hours.

I also cannot eat anything this morning. Even the two hour window of clear beverages allowed has now closed (I guzzled a glass of water just before it ended). Now I am just going to have to suffer in silence and stress. Walter is making and eating his own breakfast. Usually on vacations and days off, I make something yummy but since I got a glass of water and tea, if he wants any more, he has to make it himself. Which I am sure is just fine because we have eggs and some really good bread from the When Pigs Fly bakery company store that we stopped at on the way home the other day. So I am sure he is doing just fine. But I am sitting up stairs in my office (suffering in silence once again) and pretending I am not hungry in the least bit.

We have to be there at 845 so we need to leave at 815 as it is prime school bus time. I originally thought I had to be there at 6 and we were going to allow 20 minutes (because no one is on the road at that time).

Of course, the idea of more surgery (this is #5 in the past 3 years and #8 in my life) just thrills me to no end. I can't wait. More scars - and this time I should end up with four more scars instead of a paltry single scar. Well that is the plan, they could end up having to open me up for one big scar, depending on how it goes. Actually, at the preop I said to the nurse that for anesthesia my preference would be for what was at used the last two surgeries. Now I know they may have other ideas but if possible, that is my preference. (Way too many surgeries when you are telling them what to give you!)

Yesterday was my birthday. I made a point to be very busy all day.We went for a big walk, retrieved the cat (who didn't want to come home but now is very happy after snoring in my ear over night and sleeping in the middle of the bed), went to Costco, the grocery store, the library, farmers market, did seven loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen and mostly unpacked. Walter even bought fencing sections to replace our rotten, ant infested picket fence. Yesterday because of my birthday and my adventures today, our phone rang ALL DAY LONG! I got to a point where I couldn't talk on the phone any more. I'm sorry. I also didn't respond to emails. I am a little stressed. I promise to reply to messages over the weekend. Maybe I'll be less stressed then.

One thing that I have planned for my recovery is the Sex in the City movie comes out on DVD on Tuesday. It is on the top of my Netflix queue so it better show up on Wednesday. I deserve to be one of the first people to see it. (Now my whiny needy side is coming out because I am so stressed.)

Now I have to consider stop procrastinating on the internet and get motivated. Less than 1 hour to go and still haven't showered, found clothes, etc. I still even haven't brushed my teeth but I promise I will do that now!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Happy birthday...hope the surgery went well. Soon you'll be eating all that good stuff again!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...