Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The rocket scientist vs. the OMWAH

Yesterday while out for my morning walk, I witnessed the OMWAH pull out of a side street on to a relatively busy street with out looking and cut off a rocket scientist who way of managing the situation was to lean on the horn. The RS then proceeded to pass the OMWAH (who was too busy looking at the kids waiting for the school bus to notice) on a double yellow with traffic coming in the other direction. I was safely over on the side walk and am very happy to not be driving with such wonderful people on the road.

I was all discombobulated again yesterday. I got up with the intentions of going to work but work was canceled so I could work at home but I wanted to reschedule a work phone call from today to yesterday to free me to go into work today. Then I started running late (gee procrastinating on the internet again - who me?) and my phone call came in when I was trying to go out to run some errands and get to my support group. I ended up getting to my support group late with out doing my errands.

Why was I all frazzled??? Because today I get to deal with preop crap for my gall bladder. I hope to find out all sorts of fun information - restricted diet before and after, pain management, anesthesia, return to normal activities, driving again, etc. My biggest problem is I have two lists of questions to ask on two different pieces of paper. I have to consolidate them to one piece of paper and then I should be okay. But then I need all my other 'go to the doctor' crap - list of medications, list of allergies, etc. Then I am sure some where in here will be the 'with your medical history, we just need to be sure, blah, blah, blah' conversation that I really hate to hear.

Tomorrow my week gets even better. I get to have an MRI. These are the really boring test - they take a long time and you have to breath when they tell you - and hold your breath for long periods of time. 30 seconds is probably my maximum but do you think today is too late to start practicing for longer time periods?

Yesterday I did get to drive the new car. Today I get to go to the farmer's market and get all sorts of yummy vegetables and some fish. Yes, the farmers market has the fish ladies. Great fresh fish for a good prices. (It also sells cheese and organic meats in addition to veggies, and honey, and tea, and some crafts.) I just want lots of veggies and fish today. I will worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...