Monday, March 23, 2009

Yesterday I was 3 for 3


I burned three out of three things I tried to cook. First I made us pancakes for breakfast and put the last ones in the pan and went upstairs for a minute. My husband rescued them when they started smoking (oops!). Next I made some brown rice for lunch. I really meant to set the timer but only remembered this an hour later. It had some little blackened parts but still tasted okay. Finally, I sauteed some mushrooms and onions - just a bit to get the moisture out - and went upstairs, remembered them and came running DOWN stairs. Just a little blackened around the edges. Then I decided it would be a good time to start using the damn timer. (But I feel I should get some points for consistency.)

Yesterday I was left to my own devices which isn't always a good thing. But my back hurt so I iced it and watched bad romance novels made into bad movies on TV - a very productive way to spend a Sunday morning - at least the cat thought so because he got to sit on my lap. I did eventually get out for a walk and a trip to Trader Joe's. Unfortunately, neither the weather or my flowers are cooperating on this spring thing yet. Today is only going to be about 30 degrees with windchill in the teens. My flowers won't bloom unless it warms up! However the weather forecast is rather optimistic for later this week so there is hope.

In the meantime, I am not overscheduled today. I am meeting a friend for coffee, going to the gym, the farm stand, possibly Costco and then to work.

1 comment:

Debby said...

I burnt the garlic bread yesterday. And come to think of it, the meat in the crock pot got slightly charred when it ran out of water over night. At that point, I wisely gave up cooking for the day.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...