Sunday, April 12, 2009

Memory

I have no memory. I have no brain. I can't remember anything. Yesterday we went to Costco, with a small list. We came home with what we had on the list but then I promptly started another list of the things that we forgot to buy that were the reason we went in the first place. We couldn't remember them long enough for them to make it on the list. Never mind that I had a coupon cut out for one of them all ready to go. What a moron.

Speaking of memory, of which I clearly have none, last Sunday I said I was going to get the book on chemo brain. Well, I keep forgetting to get it. Mental note to self: plug in brain at all times. Yesterday I met with some cancer friends and was telling them about the book and couldn't remember the name or the title and said I would email them the information... So far I haven't remembered to do that either.

Does anyone else see the irony in this? Yesterday I went to the gym instead of walking outside (it was 38 degrees and raining, changed to sleet) and walked on the treadmill instead. I kept increasing my time on the treadmill so I could watch the end of my cooking show on a cake making contest.

So my yesterday was not very exciting. (My back hurt but that's not really news any more.) Today I am going for a walk with a friend, going to the farm stand, and my parents are coming over for dinner. Not because its Easter but just because. I also have to remember to do the things I need to do - like online portfolio for job hunting and making my lists for my doctors. Wake up brain cells! Time to get to work.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...