Thursday, May 14, 2009

Some more news

I called the pain doctor's office back yesterday and spoke with the same person who told me on Monday the nurse would call me back. She said she would check and lo and behold the nurse called me back about ten minutes later. She said that sometimes it takes them a week to get back to people. If I had known that I would have been more patient. Anyway, the next step is ANOTHER big needle in my back. But not until June - they have to be spread out so the work most effectively. I have my pills in the meantime so I will struggle along (and suffer in silence as I do so well) in the meantime.

I also called back the physician's assistant about the ultrasound results and found out she wasn't in yesterday. I said I was fine to wait to talk to her but wanted her to call my cell phone so she might actually reach me instead of just playing a game of never ending phone tag.

The cat seems okay today. He mowed down his food - I wish he would stop to breathe when he eats. Don't get your fingers between him and his bowl of canned food - you might lose one or two! But he does seem fine. He is sleeping a lot and doesn't seem to be in any kind of pain. We are going to wait and see what happens and if he is in pain, paralyzed or incontinent, we will worry about it then. In the meantime, he is happy to supervise the bird feeder and protect the house from potentially invading chipmunks.

Today I have a busy day. I want to go for a walk this morning and then a job interview before going to work. There actually seems to be life on the job market these days - there now seem to be jobs out there and people are responding to resumes. This is my second interview in as many weeks and I have had several phone interviews as well. But anyway, I will not get a job if I play on the internet all morning!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...