Monday, June 9, 2014

Reunions

I have a significant college reunion coming up this weekend. this is where we will all get together on a small college campus where we spent four memorable years and pretend we are still as young, thin and healthy as we used to be. I think I will get the gold star for the least healthy alumni attending.

I am looking forward to it. It should be interesting. Our graduating class had 209 or something like that. It is not a large school and very much has a sense of community. We are all even staying int he dorms - because its cheap, its fun, and we won't have to drive far away. The hotels are out by the highway, except for maybe one in town.

I am flying out with a friend. Meeting up with another friend after we land. Then driving up to the wilds of Wisconsin where the fun begins. I do plan to hit the campus bar for a beer. When I was there the drinking age was still 18 so it was the most popular and beer filled location on campus. The claim is there is a new foosball table but I will have to see it to believe it. Since we are staying in the dorm which is across the street, I believe I could even have more than one.

My health will make it interesting. I cant stand around and talk with people. I need to sit. I can't stay out late. I need to sleep late and I checked the schedule and there are all sorts of early  morning things on Saturday that I want to be at by 8am. I'll just take it easy as much as I can and drag around my big bag of pills everywhere I go. Yes this is me way back when...



No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...