I am not asking for much. These are the things I want:
- I want to be able to wear shoes. Not boots. I have been wearing boots for weeks. I miss my shoes. Its been too cold and snowy for shoes. This morning was 4 below without windchill.
- I want to be able to walk outside. Without climbing over snow drifts or wearing boots (see above). A nice stroll without frostbite concerns would be nice.
- I want to be able to go outside and play in the garden, look at new things growing, and see what survived the winter. But the snow needs to start melting. 24 days until spring, but who's counting?
- I want one month without a single doctor appointment. Its been a while since I had a break. I have one today and then another next week I think.
- I want to feel better - no aches and pains. As if.
I think this winter is an example of how people with chronic illnesses can't just run out the door and go have fun. I have concerns about falling on ice - that has happened before and injuries have resulted. I have concerns about getting cold - my fingers turn white with cold easily these days. And I'm sick of staying inside.
At least the snow drift outside the living room got small enough yesterday that the sun actually shined in the front window and the cat took a little nap in it.