Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Withheld information

A few times in my life, I have had people say me 'we didn't want to tell you but so-and-so was diagnosed with cancer, we thought it might upset you'. I hate this. It goes back to my request not to treat me any different because of my health. Unless you want to shower me with money.

I am capable of handling news about other people diagnosed with cancer. I live in cancerland where everyone has cancer. Its not a nice thing to hear about someone getting cancer but believe me I can handle it. The only time it would upset me seriously would be if it was me again. And it really pisses me off when information is withheld.

Just a little rant today. Its been on my mind recently.

Separately I just learned yesterday that an old friend from childhood who lived across the street was diagnosed with breast cancer and died 8 weeks later. Her cancer was hidden behind a benign breast condition so it was not diagnosed until too late. This makes me sad that this could happen in this day and age of modern medicine. She was 54.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...