Friday, February 27, 2015

Insensitivity

Some days I am really amazed at the heights (or lows) of people's insensitivity and assumptions. I met a nurse last week who was obviously very pregnant. She was very happy to talk about being pregnant, having a baby, and what a wonderful experience it all was.

Then she looked at me and said "I think every woman should experience having a baby" and paused waiting for me to respond. I said "I wouldn't know, I don't have any children." Then she asked me why I didn't have any. I was a bit flabbergasted.

This is right up there with people asking me why I have had cancer twice. Because the stars just aligned that way!

Do you mind? Really!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...