Thursday, February 12, 2015

The next emperor movie

I am not a huge movie fan. I am more of a Lifetime movie fan. If I can knit and watch it or be online and watch it I am fine. My husband and I probably get to the movies about once a year. But now I have a movie to watch.

A few years ago, I read most of "The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer" by Siddhartha Mukherjee. It was very interesting and covers how cancer was recognized and treated for centuries, showing the progression of advancements.

Yesterday I discovered that it will be a PBS six hour documentary, starting March 31.


I will get my Tivo set up so I can watch it.

I posted this on Facebook and someone commented that they were not sure they could watch it. I promise you if you watch the trailer above, you will see it is about progress and not about sadness.  You can probably get the book from your local library at this point as well.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...