Sunday, February 8, 2015

My back is winning currently

I look at the current weather forecast. Another 14-20"+ of snow is forecasted for us between now and tomorrow night. And another storm on Friday and the high temperature on Saturday will be 9 above.

In addition my back is being very bad and is currently winning in the pain battle. I am having problems standing for more than 30 minutes at a time. If I am walking, I can stretch it out a bit. I just need to sit down regularly. It can also complicate things like cooking dinner and doing laundry.

I have a radiofrequency ablation scheduled for my back on April 2. I called Friday and asked to be put on the cancellation list for something sooner because my back is so bad. This is worse than its been for a long time.

The problem is I need a procedure which requires sedation and they only do a set number each day they do procedures - which is twice a week. This is why there is such a long wait. And I already had a delay last fall when my insurance company didn't approve the same procedure on my right SI joint so I have essentially been waiting since August for this.

I am feeling stuck inside. I am going to try to go to the gym. My  husband is out shoveling snow and I am doing him a favor by taking the car out so he can clear out the snow and move the other car around.

While I am working out I also run into the problem of standing and working out. I have to sit down periodically so my back stops hurting. 

So I am whining as my back is winning.

But its not cancer so I just suck it up and keep on going.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...