Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Saving My Strength

I am saving my strength for a test of my endurance later this week. I am driving to visit my brother. 384 miles or 5 hours 36 minutes away per Google Maps. All by myself.

This is my annual trip to visit his place, this year in his new place. I go out and annoy my brother and have fun with his kids for a few days. Then I drive home. All by myself.

In recent years, I have noticed my ability to drive long distances is less than in the past. Also when I get there, I am really tired. Driving is the one thing I can do that day. And I have to drive home on Monday and get back in time for a 4 pm doctor appointment.

Anyway, will I be exhausted all weekend I think. My brother suggested going for a hike. I don't think so.

But I really want to have fun with my nieces and nephews. There are four of them. Two have birthdays in the fall and two have birthdays in the spring. I have given up finding birthday presents for them so I take them shopping and they get to pick out what they want. It also gives me a chance to spend time with them individually. We go on my annual spring trip for the spring birthday kids and then at Thanksgiving for the fall birthday kids.

The other reason I go is to annoy my brother in person. Actually I like spending time with him and as we get older it gets harder and harder to find them time.

Is it possible to save my strength for this? I am not sure. I just know I will be very tired when I get there. And even more tired when I get home. I am not sure my husband will appreciate my resulting crankiness.

1 comment:

buy medication online said...

Happiness is good health and a happy memory.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...