Saturday, December 17, 2016

Doctors Should Speak Clearly

I really dislike a lot of doctor speak. They say things like 'with your medical history we need to be sure' or 'that really needs more research before we can tell if it would be right for you'. Then they try to add explanations about things that include the words 'that's a possibility' or 'we could consider that'.

What exactly does the word 'consider' mean? I had never really thought about that until I read this blog post that was mentioned on Facebook and then I got really irritated. If a doctor says they will 'consider' a potential treatment protocol? Does that mean they want to go look something up about it or they want to prolong my agony? Why can't they just say there's a new option for you that looks pretty good.

I think doctors get trained so much (and have to keep potential malpractice suits in mind) that they hesitate to speak directly about anything. They feel the need to insert all the fine print you see in a print ad for a medication to cover all the potential side effects or 'adverse reactions' into their words. Can't they just drop the doctor speak and talk clearly to a patient.

Its just you and your doctor sitting in an exam room or their office, and they have to speak in circles so there is no chance you could ever sue them for anything. Its unfortunate that some people feel the need to sue too quickly and even more unfortunate that some doctors abuse their power and some patients suffer as a result. The rest of us patients pay the price for that in the resulting doctor speak.

I think if doctors spoke clearly to their patients and talked to us like a person instead of as a potential lawsuit? And if they didn't use the words like 'consider' or 'possibility', wouldn't we all be better off?

1 comment:

Amanda Bella said...

Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line:+2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguspellcaster@gmail.com

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...