Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Getting Back On Track

This morning I actually feel rested. Actually I felt pretty rested yesterday morning as well. But my day got hijacked and I ended up spending several hours with my father taking him to a doctor appointment (broken second metatarsal in his left foot at age 88) and then x-rays, back to the doctor, and then home. And then home to our house. I was totally exhausted by the time I got home at 430.

But then I slept for close to 9 hours without waking up. So this morning I will go to the gym, then get my hair cut, and go to the library. Then I will stay home and finish what I never got to yesterday. I need to get back on track.

What works best for me is to go out and do things during the first half of the day and then stay home for the afternoon for the most part. I often need to rest in the afternoon so if I am out all afternoon, I lose that key resting time. This will also allow me to eat regularly.

If I skip lunch I have a tendency to eat a lot of crap just before dinner. Yesterday I didn't get lunch. My father and I kept asking each other if we wanted to get something to eat. We both said we weren't hungry so we never got lunch. Eventually, we decided we just wanted to get out of there and never ate lunch.

So when I got home after dropping off my father, it was 430. I first ate a chocolate chip cookie (which also has cinnamon, clove, oatmeal, and pecans - oatmeal is most important) and then I ate some cheese and crackers. Then, 400+ calories later, I decided I needed to wait until dinner. I should have had an apple or an orange and a big glass of water - you wonder why I struggle with losing weight.

I should be home by noon and can then do what I need to do. I need to be back on my schedule. Rest and food are very important and I need to schedule them in to my life regularly.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...