Friday, June 29, 2007

Finally more news - good and bad

I have invasive ductal breast cancer and it is basically the most average common kind of breast cancer there is. The good news is that the tumor was 1.3 cm and was clearly removed - clean margins is the term. The bad news is the one node removed tested positive and means I need to have more surgery to take out the rest of the lymph nodes under my left arm. This is already scheduled for Thursday July 5. Apparently no one wants to have surgery next week so they could fit me in quickly.

After this surgery, I will have a drain to deal with for about 10 days and then when I go back in for follow up we will find out the next stages for chemo/radiation.

Also, I have to leave the rest of the damn steri strips on until next Tuesday!!!!! Grrr...

1 comment:

Cancer Breast Article said...

hai..
nice to meet you caroline...i have blog on the topic of breast cancer and I
want to hear your opinion about
my blog

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...