Thursday, June 7, 2007

OMWAH sightings

Over my many recent visits to Lahey and its nice, new (and not free) parking garage, I believe I have discovered the center of the universe for all the OMWAHs out there. First of all, an OMWAH (Old Man With A Hat) is usually seen driving a late model Lincoln or Cadillac approximately 15 MPH under the speed limit, braking often, parking badly and usually blocking a long line of cars. Well the Lahey parking garage seems to be the center of the universe for the OMWAHs of this world. Usually I get stuck behind one as I near the clinic. Then in the parking garage, they brake every time they see someone else's lights - even if it is someone who just pulled into a parking space. They also often go the wrong way through the garage, and make 20 point turns to pull their giant land yachts in to a slot! Tell tale signs are also the multiple dings and dents, and long scrapes down the side of the cars. Not to be sexist, OMWAHs can also be women. Parking can take a great deal of time if you are stuck behind one in the garage.

Anyhow, both of us are more relaxed today, but still freaked out. I have FIVE (count them), five whole days without a Lahey appointment. I almost don't know what to do with my time but I am sure I can find something. This whole thing is just really scary. They say its early, I am young, etc but now as I wait to meet with the doctor again I start to feel like every little ache and pain in my body is related to the cancer and there wont be much they can do.

I have made the decision before I start chemo, I will donate my hair to Locks for Love and then get it cut really short. Poor kitty, he does like to sleep on my hair... He will have to adapt too!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...