Monday, December 20, 2010

A dictionary for all

We use toiletries and cosmetics to enhance our natural loveliness. But there are bad things in them. Have you ever wasted time at the cosmetic counter trying to figure out what is in the items you want to buy? I mean its sort of like buying food - you (should) want to know what's going into and on your body. Like chemicals related to carcinogens found in cosmetics.

But there is no FDA providing a dictionary. Every try reading the label on your hand lotion? Impossible. But Martha Stewart, the felon and home decorating maven, has come up with a simple list. (As you can tell, I am not a Martha Stewart fan, even before the big arrest. She was a bit too smug for my taste and I don't really need help in folding dinner napkins into turkeys - mine are folded into rectangles.)

My point, and I do need one or my blog post is a waste, is that cosmetics and toiletries, which go on your body are worthy of the same consideration as what goes in your body. Think natural. There have been many dangerous heavy metals used to make the colors in the cosmetics.

My solution for the cosmetics is to buy natural ones. Bert's Bees is one of my favorite brands of skin stuff. Otherwise, check the dictionary Martha provided if you use the other kinds. Or be really lazy and forget to put on make up as you run out the door.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...