Monday, December 6, 2010

Trying something new

I am trying something new in the unending fight to lose weight, feel (and look) younger, hurt less, and just be darn better. I joined my exercise program, a/k/a the Pink Program. I whined about it a few weeks ago when I had homework that I didn't do.

Now that I am a few weeks into it I feel better. I am hesitant to say much about how much better I feel so as not to jinx myself. I am definitely more flexible. I feel less stiff. This is good. Now if only the scale would go in the right direction a little faster I would be even happier.

One of the biggest advances I have felt is my back is having few flare ups of pain, until yesterday where it was VERY bad. I was in my pajamas and pink fuzzy slipper socks by 530 pm. That felt good. But every fifteen minutes or so I needed a mini massage by my husband. But I have drugs for that.

My tennis elbow is a bit better but I can tell you about repetitive strain in my life - chopping vegetables. This could tamper with my husband's eating habits. He might even have to help cook more often. But it should go away. I have too many other things that won't go away.

If I have to do the exercises from the Pink Program every day for the rest of my life to feel better I will. I was already doing lymphedema and back pain exercises but the PP exercises seem to be taking care of those areas in terms of resolving pain. But I still need to take all my (damn) pills. And go for walks.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Dear Caroline,

My name is Joe Khoury, and I am the co-founder of LaceBuddy.com, with my cousin Mike.

We love your blog. My wife reads it all the time and she's the one who actually asked me to send you this email.

We have started a business selling shoe charms online (We call them LaceBuddys, small rubber charms that can be attached to shoelaces, perfect for kids...we are releasing many designs and themes) but what we are most excited about is that we are featuring a Pink Ribbon Lace Buddy to raise money and awareness for breast cancer research. All profit from each Pink Ribbon purchase will go to 26.2 with Donna and currently working on affiliating with more organizations, and our goal is to raise 1 million dollars to battle this disease.

Our hope is to have runners and walkers participating in breast cancer awareness events proudly wearing Pink Ribbon Lace Buddys during their walk or run, knowing they are taking another small step toward finding a cure.

I have lost his mother to breast cancer when I was a child, my dad to pancreatic cancer, and my aunt that raised me is fighting the disease now. And Mike lost his grandmother last winter to breast cancer. We feel very strongly about fighting a disease that threatens to take away the important women in our lives.

Is it possible for you to mention our site and product on your blog?

Thank you so much for your support!

Joe & Mike, founders of LaceBuddy.com

http://lacebuddy.com/breastcancer
joe@lacebuddy.com
mike@lacebuddy.com

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...