Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What would you ask cancer?

Yes a real question. Submit your video question by noon today and you may get an answer soon on CNN iReport.

A few days ago, I blogged about the new biography of cancer. Now questions to ask cancer can be asked at iReport. I don't have a video camera (and hate the way I look in pictures) so I won't be participating. But if you have a few moments and a video camera this morning, feel free to participate.

However besides the typical 'why me? question, I would ask:

- Why do you survive through chemotherapy sometimes and not others? Why are you mutating and continuing?

- What do you think of how you are treated currently? Are the current protocols difficult for you to survive through?

- What is your weakest link? I think of you as a vampire and want to have a silver stake put through you. What would work on you? How can we make you extinct?

I think that's it for me. But what would you ask? I would love to know.

I think I need a copy of that book, "The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer" by Oncologist Siddhartha Mukherjee. Library or gift to myself, I dont know. I can get it for $17.55 on bn.com. Hmmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say: Cancer, you are the secret to immortality. You divide and grow and divide and grow in the face of the most extraordinary challenges to your existence. You hold the answer, I think, to Life itself. And yet, what you do guarantees that you will kill your hostess and yourself - so you have the same fatal flaw as any tragedian....so I would ask you, why can't you gently co-exist - live and grow if you must, but be symbiotic, be supportive of the life you live on, remain alive - why can't you do that?

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...