- Be healthy - this will be harder for me because my body does not seem to cooperate. Most people will have a much easier time than me. I should probably rephrase that as not to develop any new ailments or have my current ailments get any worse. Ha! As if that will happen.
- Lose weight. I really need to as I have never been so fat in my life. But as life would have it, I am back on Lyrica for my fibromyalgia and it comes with that lovely weight gain side effect. I need some new medications with the side effect of weight LOSS.
- Exercise. Not more exercise but still exercise. I go to the gym three days a week. I can't go more because I end up in pain. I usually walk with a friend once a week as well but we haven't connected recently. Exercise really helps me keep my ailments in check.
- Eat better. This means less fattening food. I try to eat well but breakfast is one thing. I just had a fat free Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt with a handful of wheat Chex on top. I should add a banana to that. But then there are snacks and things (like the evil snack box at work and coworkers who bring in doughnuts and leave them in my view in the kitchen). We'll see how the rest of the day.
- Stop spending money on stuff I do not need. I can go to stores and end up buying stuff I really do not need. I'm not a shopaholic as a rule but I feel I won too much crap that I don't need. I haven't been buying clothes because I want to lose weight and fit into the clothes I already own.
- Learn some new knitting techniques - like how to make a hat using double pointed needles, Entrelac knitting which I just found about it and it looks really cool.
Sunday, January 5, 2014
Resolutions for 2014
I suppose it is time to come up with some New Year's resolutions. Since I doubt I will come up with a cure for cancer on my own, I will think hard and find some others.