- a disease that can kill you.
- a diagnosis with a unimaginable impact. It impact has been compared to PTSD. If you haven't walked the walk, don't even try.
- a life long ailment. Just because you are done treatment, doesn't mean you are home free.
- a gift. I have been known to cynically call it a 'gift that keeps on giving' because the cancer roller coaster really sucks. You never know when it will cause another problem or recurrence.
- a color. As soon as pinkification begins, its like putting lipstick on a pig. Other colors included. Don't try to 'paint' cancer.
- a political position. Some politicians have been known to make it their platform.
- a spiritual condition, Some people get more religious which is fine. But some people after diagnosis, make it their calling.
- your life.