Thursday, April 17, 2014

Blood test for breast cancer

I find this exciting news. A new blood test has been developed which can show if breast cancer has spread and if it is responding to treatment.

It seems silly in this day and age that we can only find out if breast cancer, and many other cancers, have spread by waiting for symptoms and looking for signs in imaging tests. We have to wait for it to show up and cause problems. Doesn't that sound archaic? Get some leeches too...

Medical advances have come a long way in recent years. An operating room resembles a space ship cockpit in some ways. There are robotics and little head sets and all sorts of things. But we still have to wait for symptoms of cancer....

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...