Saturday, April 19, 2014

Stability

The goal of most medical ailments is either stability or remission, where the ailment isn't getting worse or is actually improving. It is kind of a happy place where you almost get to feel normal again. But we know you can't go home again so normal is a relative term.

However, I had the opportunity to speak with the nurse at Accordant care yesterday. She is provided through my health insurance and is available for my support whenever I want. It has been a while since we did catch up so we had to review a lot. At the end of the conversation she said "you seem to be doing pretty well these days". I had to stop and think. But yes I am.

I mean other than my evil 9 day stomach flu, I haven't been hobbling around and my body has mostly cooperated when things that I wanted to do. I haven't tried to run a marathon or anything but I have been able to do most of the things I want and not end up in pain in bed for a few days. This is good. This means that both my fibromyalgia and RA are behaving themselves which means I can behave myself less and do more of the things I like to do.

All my other ailments, that cancer crap, seems to be behaving themselves as well.

Now I am not running a marathon, as I said, but I might want to climb a small mountain or something. Or maybe I'll settle for a big hill. Or even a long walk.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...