Monday, March 3, 2008

I now have an ex-port

This morning Walter said to me 'how's your port feeling, or your ex-port?' So I guess now I have an ex-port. It actually feels okay for the most part, except when the cat walked on it. The place in the side of my neck where the tube went into a vein feels okay mostly as well, except if I raise my arm up to high - possibly because it is healing in there... Hmmm, maybe I should keep my arm down. Doh, if it hurts, don't do it! Some day I might learn that one.

So yesterday's big adventure was to go to Nordstroms. I can't say I was too impressed. Its just another fancy department store. I didn't buy anything there either but I did find a jacket I liked but I didn't like it enough to buy it. (I liked it $20 worth, not the $70 worth it was priced at. I did buy a jacket at a different store that was priced at $20 and I liked $20 worth.) However, it was nice to get out with a friend and go someplace different. We also went window shopping at Tiffany's - always a fun thing to do - but definitely didn't buy anything there. We did go to a restaurant that specializes in dessert. We had a very healthy lunch of a half sandwich and salad and then split a dessert which cost more than our lunches. It was relatively yummy. The problem with fancy dessert places is they take an old favorite, such as Boston Cream Pie, and tweak it to make it fancier (they added almond flavoring). We liked it but weren't too impressed. However they had really yummy, quarter sized whoopie pies which were quite good.

It is possible I slightly over did it yesterday. I did go for a short walk in the morning first before shopping. Then when I came home I lay down on the couch with the cat and herbal tea for a couple of hours and watched some bad TV (again being part of the problem - actually the real problem is I don't remember what I was watching). I am not sure which is more restful - the cat, the couch, or the tea. However, I did not sleep well last night and have been informed I am tired and whiny today. Well, at least I am not crabby.

Today I am going for a walk this morning and then off to work while I contemplate my four (count them) days until I need to make a return trip to Lahey. I do believe I might have free time. Actually, drat I just realized that I am going to the monthly support group at Lahey on Wednesday night so that means I only have two free days before going to Lahey and I am actually going there twice this week not once. But since its not a doctor's appointment, does it really count - something new to ponder.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...