Friday, March 14, 2008

My goals

It sounds so simple and so obvious to have goals in life. My current goals do not necessarily reflect my goals in life. Possibly I should call them plans, not goals. I am not sure but here they are:

1. To get the number of doctor appointments in my life down to a reasonable level. I think two each week is too many. I think one per month is more acceptable but I think that will take a while. Currently, I have two more planned for March, for a total of six in the month, and four planned in the month of April and that is before any discussions next week on what to do about my MRI results. Also, I have learned that Lahey clinic only sends two pages worth of appointments to you at any one time. If you have more than 10 upcoming appointments, they don't show on the schedule. I realize I have fewer appointments now than I did before but I really am getting sick of driving to Lahey.

2. To get another part time job. Now that all these pesky doctor appointments are getting fewer, I need to fill some of the gaps in my life (and wallet) with gainful employment. My hope would be to have two part time jobs that will give me some flexibility to continue to go to all the pesky doctor appointments as well as a little relaxation.

3. To get all my surgical scars to become nice and pale - invisible would be a good word for their desired state. Some of them have healed up quite nicely - its amazing the ex-port scar is almost invisible already and its the newest one. But some of them that were affected by radiation or lots of surgical tape are still red and nasty.

4. To become less stressed out about such things as the state of my health, will the roof leak again (it already did), and will my car get a flat from hitting a pothole really hard last week?

Then the less important ones such as lose 20 lbs, train the cat not to walk on the dining room table or sleep on my head, world peace, win the lottery, and go to Iceland. (Why Iceland you ask? Because its there and I want to go. I have never been. Do I need any other reason?)

Anyhow a report on the ostrich. You were right. Yuck, yuck, yuck. We did try it. We did NOT like it. I very rarely just can't eat something but it was just yucky. I had cheese and crackers instead. Walter ate half of his. The important thing is that we tried it. Tonight we will have turkey meatloaf as a more appetizing meal.

Today I am off for the job interview and then out for a walk with a friend. Not too exciting but it is my boring life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gold star for the osterich. I want to go to Iceland too!

XXOO Judie

Susan said...

I have on and off pain where I had radiation, too.

I had my gall bladder removed years ago. Gallstones can be very painful. :(

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...