Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Were they being nice?

So I went to Lahey yesterday morning trying to find out basically if I am losing my mind (a very debatable question these days), or if I am having normal healing issues (a most positive position), or if there was a 'situation' (I am so tired of these types of 'situations') to be dealt with. After pushing and prodding (can I push on your incision? Does it hurt?) and ultrasounding my neck and throat, they determind that currently I am having normal healing pains at this time and that I do not have a 'situation'. They did not say 'its all in your head' which was very polite and also reassuring of them. At least they don't tell me (yet) they think I am losing my mind. Anyway, so it went well and everything is okay there.

I did find many OMWAHs yesterday in my travels to and from Lahey. I think my favorite was the one who made a rolling stop and pulled out in front of me without yielding and then drifted over to the left side of the road, put on their turn indicator, and then turned left in front of someone else. I don't think they thought there were any other drivers on the road or perhaps that they were operating in stealth mode or something. However there is a close tie with the person who put on their left turn indicator, pulled over to the right lane,and then turned left. I thought that was a very creative maneuver. And that was all before I got to the Lahey parking garage!

I did get to go for a walk outside yesterday around a big lake. It was quite nice to walk some place different for once. At this time of year the walking options are somewhat limited - the plowed bike path - the same part of it every time, the hilly streets around our neighborhood which can be icy after storms, or the treadmill in the gym which just doesn't go anywhere. It was also nice and warm so it was a most enjoyable walk.

I have a job interview later this week. It was supposed to be this afternoon but they rescheduled (but they did say I am still the number one candidate). Anyhow, the big question - what to wear to the interview (never mind what I can do for the company)? I have a wardrobe that fits a slightly smaller sized me and another wardrobe that fits a slightly larger sized me. I have a wallet that fits consignment stores and sale racks. I have one interview outfit which I wore to the first interview. Now I need a second interview outfit. I did find a suit yesterday but the jacket fits and the skirt doesn't. Why did I buy it? Because I needed a jacket. Well, stupid me I should have gone to the consignment store first. Now I have a new pink sweater, a blue fuzzy jacket, and the perfect little blazer to make an outstanding impression and ace the interview when it finally happens. All for the same price as the suit. The trials and tribulations of being the fashion plate can be so stressful! Now I have to go return the suit.

Yesterday in the mail, I learned just how quickly we will hit our out of pocket maximum for our health insurance. Last year it took about 3 months of treatments to hit that. This year, I think we will hit it by the end of March if not sooner. So far with the bills received for treatments as of the end of January, we are 60% of the way there. We actually have very good insurance through Walter's work which has a catastrophic out of pocket maximum... you know that limit you never want to hit. We are quite easily. I never knew how much radiation would cost - and the answer is quite a bit! Then there's all these other fun 'procedures' that I get so much enjoyment from a well.

Today's big excitement is I get to go to the gym and walk to nowhere on the treadmill since my interview was postponed I will actually have time. I thought I was going to have a day without exercise - most unwelcome as exercise is a great stress relief and also helps counteract the ice cream bulge.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...