Saturday, March 15, 2008

It was a struggle

It was a struggle but I survived. I am not exactly sure how it happened but somehow I ended up in an outfit for the day - with NO pockets! I always have pockets. I always have stuff in my pockets! I didn't have any pockets! It was quite difficult. I couldn't take a kleenex into my job interview in my pocket, I went to Costco on the way home and had to show my card to get in but couldn't put the card in my pocket while I was shopping! It was quite difficult but I managed. I survived.

This actually was my 'ace the interview' outfit. It did go quite well. I met lots of people. They seemed to have liked me. They mentioned offer letter this weekend. However until I see it, I don't believe it. Then I don't think I can accept it until after I find out what the doctor says on Tuesday.

In addition, I was called for jury duty in May. This is not your normal jury duty, this is US district court at the federal courthouse. I think I am on call for 15 days... which is most inconvenient as we were going on vacation. Grrr... More complications. Why can't my life be simple? (I think my life should be as simple as the cat's. All he cares about is food, naps, laps, being brushed, drinking water out of the sink, and watching for birds and other infiltrators on the front lawn.)

To continue our saga of OMWAH sightings, I must clarify two that I saw recently. There was a younger type person driving a rather beat up car who had right of way at an intersection. Who stopped and waited for everyone else to go. He had right of way but I am not sure he knew this. Perhaps he was worried about more dents in his already dented vehicle. Then there was the case of minivan-mom who backed out of her driveway and sat blocking both lanes of the road so that when you drove around the corner, voila! there she was. (But I didn't hit her, I just had to brake hard). Then when she finally started, I had plenty of room as she drove on the left side of the road, conveniently leaving the right side for me.

Yesterday I did manage to get out for a walk with a friend. (All the benefits of the walk were probably negated later by the number of dark chocolate M&Ms I consumed but I did at least walk.) Today I am going to an event in Arlington center and then will probably drag Walter out on the bike path for what he calls a death march - provided the lovely rain/sleet/snow combination we are currently enjoying ends in a timely manner. Turkey meatloaf for dinner.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...