Saturday, March 1, 2008

The return of the ice cream fairy


Yesterday the ice cream fairy returned and brought yummy flavors (as well as some other more nutritional food items). This was a great surprise and very much appreciated. I did have to immediately perform a quality control check to ensure it was up to snuff so to speak. I am happy to confirm that the Cherry Garcia lives up to its reputation. Later today I will check the chocolate chip!

Now in Hollywood they talk about the 'baby bump'. Well, around here, its more the 'ice cream and bacon bump'. But we are not worrying about that these days. We have more interesting things to concern ourselves - will the snow stop so I can go for a walk outside? How long after it stops snowing does the bike path get plowed? What movies should I put in the Netflix queue? When will the next Netflix arrive? Is it really bad to have ice cream for lunch if balanced with carrot sticks?

Happily there are no more gum drops. Perhaps now my digestion can finish recovering from the looks-like-milk-tastes-like-crap barium for breakfast finally! Also, the residual pain level from the excavation is now a minor discomfort and can be ignored, except when someone walks on it. Or when I try to sleep on that side or on my stomach. Its actually quite aggravating that now I have to sleep, gingerly, on the radiation side or on my back. If I sleep on the 'port' side, I also have to be careful. Most annoying but I can see the end is in sight on this one.

Yesterday I did not go to Lahey Clinic. It was actually quite enjoyable. I did call and reschedule my MRI follow up appointment to a week earlier so I have a week less to stress. Then I met a friend for a walk and went to the library. While I was out Lahey Clinic called but did not leave a message. Did they miss me? I don't know, they didn't say. I could see in Caller ID they had called but the number displayed is never the right one so I don't know which department and can't call back. Perhaps they will call again Monday.

Caller ID is nice. You can screen calls from the people you really don't walk to talk to (telemarketers, sales people, annoying people, people who might want to borrow money, people you aren't in the mood to talk to, etc - not that I would screen calls, I always answer politely but admit I might hang up on the telemarketers). However the downside is if you aren't home, you can tell someone called in your absence. Then should you call them back? Should you just pretend they didn't call? Before caller ID, you would never know if someone called and didn't leave a message. Now you know they called but not what they wanted and are left in this limbo. Ain't progress wonderful.

So today, I am left to my own devices as Walter has army drill. I have to do laundry. He carefully carried it down to the basement for me as I am on a restriction of no heavy lifting. (The cat is not on restriction - I can lift him up.) I also plan on watching the rest of my Netflix - Gameplan which is a cute but somewhat formulaic movie that has its moments. I also want to go for a walk. I need to walk off the ice cream fairy and bacon of the month. That's my exciting day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration!! This morning I had half a tub of Trader Joe's chocolate pudding for breakfast. Yummm! signed, the ice cream fairy

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...