Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Things that are not conducive to a good night's sleep

I did not sleep well last night. Let's see, where to start. Oh first comes anxiety and stress. (What is the difference between them? Now there's something to ponder in the middle of the night!) If you are stressed and anxious about medical test results and recovering from all kinds of medical treatments already, these don't exactly go hand in hand. Good sleep promotes recovery. Stress and anxiety keep you awake at night. Grrr.

Another thing that does not contribute to a good night's sleep is a cat who wants to sleep, and purr and snore simultaneously, with his nose tucked next to my ear. Only our cat can purr and snore at the same time. Then when he moves his head, his whiskers go in my ear and it tickles. Try to sleep through that!

Also, my back is definitely protesting from lying in the MRI Monday night. It is stiff. Basically, lying flat on my back wasn't comfortable. I think it will be okay in a few days if I don't lie on hard surfaces for 45 minute intervals.

Tonight, I will work on a better night's sleep.

Otherwise, today I am off to the crisping doctor for a follow up. How much longer will the pain, peeling, itching, flaking, red sore spots stick around? It would be nice if it would all go away!!! Then I am going to work at both jobs probably and squeeze a walk and a quick trip to the grocery store in the middle. If I keep busy, maybe I won't be so stressed.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Praying you receive good news on your test results!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...