Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Well what is it?

Well, I don't know and that is why I get to go back to Lahey this morning! (I was kind of starting to miss the place anyway.) Yesterday at work, I noticed I was getting little sharp pains in the front of my neck and some pressure type pains in the side of my neck. These are new and are just appearing now. My port was on my chest but a tube went up to my neck and into a vein there which they just yanked out as part of the excavation Thursday. So now the question is are these pains: a) normal part of the healing process (and I am just a wussie or something), b) all in my head (good possibility as my tiny chemo brain has problems keeping up these days), or c) a 'something' to be concerned about. (There is also the fourth option that they are caused by the cat sleeping in the bed and stretching out his paws into my neck, ear, or whatever is convenient for him.)

Anyway, as a result of these weird things (you will note the use of highly technical terminology here), I get to go back to Lahey this morning to have them checked out. I am hoping for option a or b even though option a could be slightly embarrassing. Option c could lead to more tests and visits. (Option d would lead to a lonely cold cat if he couldn't sleep in the bed with us.) Needless to say, I am overjoyed at the opportunity to go back to Lahey. I think I might have been missing the OMWAHs and all the quality literature in the waiting rooms. Needless to say I will bring the most important thing to accompany one on a trip to Lahey - a good book.

Otherwise I am doing okay. My stress level remains high and could lead to crabbiness (but don't tell Walter - actually I think he already knows). Today I am also going to a workshop on getting a job - anything to help these days. I will probably fit in a walk before the rain starts later - unless I get sucked into Lahey for hours. I also will go to my support group. We are having quesadillas for dinner. Anything else you want to know?

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...