Wednesday, March 19, 2008

News, news, and more news

Several bits of news today. First of all, I have finally learned why the cat wants to sleep on my head. I recently saw this cartoon which seems to explain it. However I am unsure as to why this would be the case, as I am the one who feeds him. Just another one of life's little mysteries. However this cartoon does aptly describe a typical night of trying to sleep around here. We just end up letting the purring/snoring feline hog the bed between us so we can get so rest.

Also, my computer needs major TLC. It seems to get several versions of the blue screen of death. This morning I will take it off to the computer repair place and hope they can fix it promptly. The biggest problem is all my logins are saved on it so now I have to remember my user name and password for so many different sites.... More than my tiny brain can handle.

Yesterday I doomed us by saying the doctor was always on time. We had to wait an hour. It was starting to get boring. I didn't finish my book or I would have had to count the holes in the ceiling tiles or something. There were no magazines around to read at all...

Anyhow the news from the doctor is that I do have a hepatic hemangioma on my liver that is nice and benign. They want to have another MRI in six months to make sure it is the same. I also have a small gall stone partially blocking the bile duct. Apparently gall stones are better if they are big because when they are little they can get stuck and you have a gall bladder attack. However if they are really tiny, you might just pass them and never have any more trouble. In the meantime, I can just wait and see if I have a gall bladder attack. The only real cure for them is surgery and I have had enough of that for a while thank you! I also was given a prescription for the abdominal pain for the IBS and another prescription for the hiatal hernia acidness. More drugs to take. I will go back and see the doctor in 2 months - that's okay I didn't have any appointments for May yet - to see if there is improvement.

The doctor did give me a suggested diet to try to see if I can relieve the symptoms of the IBS. I want to be very clear it says under 'Allowed Items' that I can have bacon. I have never been given a diet that allows bacon before. It does have ice cream under the items to avoid section. However the doctor did say I could try the items in the avoidance section and if they don't seem to give me trouble, I should feel free to eat them.

Today, I do feel a little better after doing a lot of nothing yesterday. My temperature is down. I have an interview this morning and then need to drop off my computer and go to a workshop. Why do I have another job interview? Because I received a low ball job offer... Grrr....

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...