Friday, August 1, 2008

Recombobulated today

Well, I think I am. Yesterday morning my brother was here with my older niece (10) and nephew (9). My nephew woke up early and had some cheerios. Then I offered oatmeal. He picked out the flavors and I made it. Then he wouldn't eat it. My brother woke up and we had to carry the old table in the corner of the dining room to the basement and bring in the three sections of the new table (my grandmother's). We did this working around my nephew and his oatmeal. Then my niece woke up and my brother was making her oatmeal. I said 'why boil water when you can use the microwave?'. Voila, the answer to our problems. My nephew has never had nuked oatmeal and that is why it was different and he wouldn't eat it. How was I supposed to know? Any how in all the confusion, I never really read the paper or watched the news - what I usually do in the morning to wake up slowly.

Today, I will go for my walk and read the paper. I have already watched some of the early news. I am drinking coffee and going for a walk. Then I have to go to work, come home and work for contract stuff and leave to go fishing for the weekend.

This will be interesting. It is for breast cancer survivors (I hate that term - call me a breast cancer person instead). It is free. It is catch and release (someone else has to take any caught fish and release them for me). If it is awful I can claim gall bladder attack (see how convenient this could be?) and hop in my car and go home. I have heard very good things about these retreats. I expect that I will not catch any fish. Fly fishing in salt water???? But the weather forecast is relatively good. And its on the ocean in August on Cape Cod. and its FREE.

Unfortunately, Walter comes home tomorrow while I am gone. Poor planning but originally he was coming home on Sunday but then his flights were changed. That's okay. He will have a day to take care of stuff that accumulated while he was gone.

Now I did have another rocket scientist (or Darwin candidate) sighting the other day. Okay, well maybe just a stupid idiot. I went to the library. I parked next to a big ostentatious SUV. They had left it running. Why idle a parked car??? Hello, gas is expensive these days? Well, they did because their dogs were in the car. Maybe they should have either left the dogs at home or parked in the shade with the windows open. Stupid idiot.

Another Darwin candidate rode his bike yesterday. First, he slowed down at a red light and then ran it. Then he made a left turn in front of me without looking for traffic. I did stop to avoid him but I am not really sure he even noticed there were other vehicles on the road. Unfortunately, I believe there are more Darwin candidates and rocket scientists out there than we care to imagine.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...