Sunday, August 31, 2008

I won!

I am not gloating or anything but I won! We played miniature golf yesterday. We said we would just play one game. But I won by one point so Walter demanded a second game. Then I won by 7 points. Yippee!! (And he only pouted a little...)

Perhaps cancer improved my mini golf skills? Or its a positive side effect of all my treatments? Hmmm... I don't know. I don't really care. But now instead of losing consistently, I am mostly winning! Hah!

I also got to drive the new car yesterday. That was fun. Its a nice zippy little thing that has a tendency to have us going faster than we think (watch out for the speeding tickets!) We took an unexpected quick trip into Boston to deliver boxes to my friend's son at school so I got to see how it does in the city too. (Other than scaring the crap out of my husband with my Boston driving skills in the new car,) it was fine. It has a nice small turning radius and was fine for passing the stupid people from out of town who are lost... Tourists! Grrr!!! I grew up in a tourist town and have absolutely no patience for the morons who are arguing with their spouse as they try to read a map to figure out where the next historic marker is. They are closely related to stressed out college student parents who are concerned about leaving their 'baby' in the big city and are lost as well. (Mean while, their 'baby' is just waiting for the next party to start.)

Today, we were going to go hiking. We were trying to round up some friends to go with us. Apparently all of our friends lead much more exciting lives than we do and had other plans so we are going to the beach instead. We are leaving soon to beat the crowds, taking the sunday paper, getting muffins on the way. We will stop for clams on the way home as well. Quite a fun day. But then I really, really, really, really, really, really, really have to get some work done this afternoon. (But I won at mini golf - gloat, gloat, gloat, gloat, gloat.)

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...