Saturday, August 9, 2008

They make it so confusing

I think they do this just to make sure us medical patients are on our toes. They say 'you have an anal fissure and here is some goo to put on it'. The goo comes with instructions: "This medicine is a vasoldilator* used to prevent angina (chest pain)." Hmmm... My anal fissure does not cause chest pain. but then it says. "It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor." Well that is helpful. But then it gives all kinds of instructions on how to use it for chest pain. Not very helpful. (*I dont know what this word means but it is on the package instructions.)

So I use Google. (Google is your friend. Google can tell you how to run the world or treat any medical condition.) I start googling and find out that yes indeed nitroglycerine ointment is used to help with anal fissures (I am sure you wanted to know all about anal fissures so I am so glad to be able to help you out with this). But it only works 60% of the time AND 20% of the people using it get headaches. I have a headache. And last night I felt weird so I went to bed early. Grrr.... I have decided I will try it for the weekend and then on Monday if I still have headaches and feel weird I will call the doctor back. Grr, grr, grr.

Today we have a weekend at home. For a change. For the first time since June. We have plenty to do, starting with a little morning walk (and Walter calls them death marches...). Then weeding, lawn mowing, make brownies for a party this afternoon. Yes, that means we will even have a social life!!!!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...